Medicine Buddha Anywhere: Tibetan Medicine on Gender, Men's Health & Well-being
An Online Conversation on gender in partnership with Medicine Buddha App with Menpa Dr. Nyima Tsering - Sunday, June 19th, 2022 | 12 PM ET | Live with Re-Plays
Join Menpa Dr. Nyima Tsering and Tenzin Metok from Medicine Buddha App and the Tibet House US | Menla community for an online introduction to Tibetan Medicine and live digital discussion on men's wellness conditions using the complimentary/integrative perspectives and remedies found in Traditional Tibetan Medicine and Healing Sciences.
Medicine Buddha Anywhere: Tibetan Medicine In The Digital Age is a monthly series Co-Hosted by Tibet House US | Menla & The Medicine Buddha App presenting the work, ideas and projects from the leading hearts and minds of the Tibetan Medicine community working around the globe.
Tibetan Medicine, or Sowa Rigpa (གསོ་བ་རིག་པ) is a unique 2,500-year-old system of integrative medicine that uses predictive diagnostics and targeted prevention to personalize a holistic healing system for patients.
Hosted on Zoom and simulcast on YouTube these monthly gatherings are open to all those interested in Holistic Healing, Sowa Rigpa, the Buddhist Inner and Outer Sciences and are looking to learn more about Tibetan Medicine’s approach to healthy living, mental health and overall well being.
In this evening discussion we will explore:
- How Tibet and Sowa Rigpa are connected and central to their each other's unique cultural identity
- What Sowa Riga: Traditional Tibetan Medicine is and how it is practiced today
- Tibetan Medicine’s men specific conditions
- Most common conditions across male demographic groups
- Major signs and symptoms of conditions
- How Tibetan Medicine doctors diagnose and treat these common conditions
- Preventative Measures suggested by Tibetan Medicine doctors
- Self-Care and Self-Regulation as part of the Wellness Mindset
- Deep Dive on Stress and Anxiety Management
Evening will conclude with a Q&A with Tibetan Medicine doctor Menpa Dr. Nyima Tsering moderated by Tenzin Metok.
This online event will be simulcasted live on Facebook with re-plays and bonus materials provided via Teachable.com. All Proceeds Help Support the Medicine Buddha App & Tibet House US | Menla.
Live Online Talk and Q & A with Access to Replays