Medicine Buddha Anywhere: Winter Blues & Tibetan Medicine in The Digital Age
An Online Conversation on Seasonal Affective Disorder In partnership with Medicine Buddha App with Dr. Namgyal Qusar | December 11th, 2021, 7 PM ET | Live with Re-Plays
Join Amchi Dr. Namgyal Qusar, Tenzin Metok and the Tibet House US | Menla community for an online introduction to Tibetan Medicine and live digital discussion on thriving during the winter season using the complimentary perspectives and remedies found in Western and Traditional medical traditions.
Medicine Buddha Anywhere: Winter Blues & Tibetan Medicine In The Digital Age is the inaugural session of a monthly series Co-Hosted by Tibet House US | Menla & The Medicine Buddha App presenting the work, ideas and projects from the leading hearts and minds of the Tibetan Medicine community working around the globe.
Tibetan Medicine, or Sowa Rigpa (གསོ་བ་རིག་པ) is a unique 2,500-year-old system of integrative medicine that uses predictive diagnostics and targeted prevention to personalise a holistic healing system for patients.
Hosted on Zoom and simulcast on Facebook these monthly gatherings are open to all those interested in Holistic Healing, Sowa Rigpa, the Buddhist Inner and Outer Sciences and are looking to learn more about Tibetan Medicine’s approach to healthy living, mental health and Seasonal Affective Disorder.
In this evening discussion we will explore:
- How the History of Tibet and Sowa Rigpa are connected and central to one another’s cultural identity
- What Sowa Riga: Traditional Tibetan Medicine is and how it is practiced today
- How the Men-Tsee-Khang Tibetan Medical & Astro-science Institute preserve and transmit the healing sciences of Tibet
- What Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is and is not, it’s symptoms and diagnosis
- What Tibetan Medicine say about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) & mental wellbeing
- What a Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Case study looks like & how it presents
- What resources, supplements, and lifestyle and diet suggestions Tibetan Medicine offers
Evening will conclude with a Q&A with Tibetan Medicine doctor Amchi Dr. Namgyal Qusar moderated by Tenzin Metok.
This online event will be simulcasted live on Facebook with re-plays and bonus materials provided via Teachable.com. All Proceeds Help Support the Medicine Buddha App & Tibet House US | Menla.
Live Online Talk and Q & A with Access to Replays